This post may contain affiliate links
Spring is here, and that means a lot of changes are going to be happening very quickly. I am always amazed at how much change can happen so quickly. One morning I walked outside and was amazed to see my first signs of spring…a clump of daffodils pushing through the soil. Right next to the leftover snow.
Four short days later, and that same clump of daffodils now have buds formed and I am waiting every day to see when my first blooms will happen. Now it’s your turn to take a walk, spring is here, and find some changes to keep track of.
It could be plants that catch your eye. Maybe it’s the dormant tree that suddenly has buds! Maybe it’s the sounds around you. Listen to how many birds are around you, and see if your can find them and identify them. Maybe it’s the smells of fresh soil, and the promise of rain. Maybe you’ll see more animals – earthworms to bunnies and everything in between. So many changes, so much pent up energy bursting out and ready to get moving!
Changes for Yourself
As you take a look at all the things that are changing around you, what kinds of changes would you like to bring on for yourself this season?
- Exercise – after a long winter cooped up indoors, it is so much fun to stretch your legs outside.
- Drink More – Iced teas, lemonades, sparkling waters and infused waters. So many fresh new ways to keep your body hydrated.
- Gardening – Where I live it is WAY too early to get things planted outdoors, but now is the time to start planning. When can you start your seeds indoors, what plants do you want to try this year, do you want to do container gardening or carve out your very own garden.
- Community Events – Watch for communications from where you live about upcoming events offered. Maybe it’s day camps for your kids, or exercise classes, discounted tickets to local attractions, or the community garage sale dates. Get involved and mark a few events in your calendar to try out this year.
- Try Something New – Throw caution to the wind, and try something completely new this season. Always wanted to try flying a kite? Make use of the spring winds to make things soar. Never considered yourself a photographer? Get out and take some pictures to document your day, put them together to tell a story and look at what your accomplished and how you can communicate that visually. Try cooking a new dish using spring ingredients. The sky is the limit, dream big!
Take a walk, spring is here, so what are you going to discover or enjoy this week? Please let us know in the comments below. Share a photo or describe what you saw. We’d love to hear from you!