As we are taking our journey in Designing for Plenty, we need to remember to plan for some fun each month to make sure that we enjoy our NOW as well as planning for the future. October is a time for change as we are moving into fall and are moving into the last quarter for the year. So let’s pick 2 or 3 activities (they don’t need to be big or time consuming) to add into our October calendar so we can enjoy the season.
Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Stock up on Hot Cocoa supplies (marshmallows, a great mug just for you, your favorite instant cocoa packets, etc)
- Learn to make a Chicken Pot Pie from scratch
- Treat yourself to your OWN stash of your favorite Halloween candy
- Roast Pumpkin seeds when you are done carving pumpkins
- Take a drive to see some fall colors
- Go apple picking
- Add a small item to your fall table (pumpkin centerpiece, a fall colored accent such as napkins or glasses)
- Plant fall bulbs for future flowers
- Attend a high school sporting event and cheer until you can’t help but smile
- Find a new recipe for a fall comfort food (squash soup, apple crisp, or pumpkin flavored creamer for your coffee)
What ideas would you add to this list? Please share in the comments below. And if you are brave enough, let us know what 2 or 3 things you are adding to your schedule so we can help you stay accountable.
Join Our E-mail List!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.