This post contains affiliate links
September 1st, and although it’s close to 90 degrees outside with high humidity (ugh!) the date has me thinking of fall, and that means pumpkin! So today we are going to get into the simplicity of Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Toast. This toast is great for breakfast, or great for a snack. I do apologize in advance, I was not smart enough to get a picture of it before it was eaten, so my lack of visuals is my fault. If you want to see some photography of this toast, I will say that I first tried this recipe off of a Food Network recipe in a magazine several years ago. Even though I altered it a bit, I always want to give credit and links when I can. I’m happy to say that I found the original recipe on their website and please check it out here: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/pumpkin-spice-cheesecake-toast-3578917
This easy to make recipe has just a few ingredient and can be made quickly, and if you don’t finish the pumpkin pie cheesecake spread at breakfast, just put it covered in the fridge and enjoy it later for a snack. I make mine with cinnamon raisin bread because I love the taste of the raisin and brioche is not something that is readily available where I shop. I also added a handful of chopped walnuts in the mix, and choose not to have anything dusted on top. Check out both recipes and make this toast to your own liking. I hope you have a wonderful start to the fall season!
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- *optional handful of nuts - I prefer chopped walnuts
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- Put pumpkin, cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and walnuts (if including) in a bowl and mix gently until all ingredients are combined.
- Toast cinnamon raisin bread.
- Spread topping evenly over all 8 pieces of bread.
- Eat while bread is still warm.