It’s almost spring, and that means it’s time for some change and improvement. So today I’m going to invite you to relax and get your skin back into great shape using a homemade lemon sugar scrub. As you saw in the last post, I am on a lemon kick for a smell of spring. So today we will be making a lemon sugar scrub. I actually made it to include in a spa holiday gift basket in December (as well as a big batch for myself) and it went over well, so I hope that you will like this splurge as much as I do.
I originally found this recipe as a pin on Pinterest by I Heart Naptime from a guest blogger. Here is a link to the blog post https://www.iheartnaptime.net/lemon-sugar-scrub/ or you can find this on my board for Plenty of Relaxing .
The reason that I liked this recipe so much is that it takes only 3 ingredients; sugar, coconut oil and lemon essential oil. I have also made this same recipe with other essential oils but lemon remains my favorite so far. I softened the coconut oil just a little bit, instead of melting it into a complete liquid, and then I mixed it together with my hands into the sugar. Add in the essential oils and voila, take it into the bath or shower and soon your skin will be smooth and smelling fantastic.
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 10-15 drops lemon essential oils
- Put sugar in a large bowl and set aside.
- Measure out the 1/4 cup of coconut oil and place it in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until soft or melted.
- Pour oil over sugar and mix to combine.
- Add in the lemon drops.
- If sugar is still to wet for your liking, you can add up to 1/4 cup of sugar until the desired consistency is reached.
I hope you enjoy this easy to make sugar scrub. Let us know what essential oil you like best to give others ideas of great options.