Dreams come a size too big so that we can grow into them. -Josie Bissett
As a big believer in growing dreams, I love this quote from Josie Bissett. We should all dream big enough that we have to change ourselves to accomplish those big dreams. Imagine what you could accomplish if you thought big and didn’t get scared about setting off on the adventure. All of us have been inspired by other people. Have you researched what that person did, and how they set out to accomplish the things that they are known for? Often times they start from humble beginnings and then went on to create big things. Well, we can do that too!
Here are some ideas on how to get things started.
- Start Now – There is no time like the present to get started on your big dream. Try a brainstorming session if you need to get to your big dream. Or, if you already know what your big dream is, and have just been too shy about putting it into words, go ahead and do it now.
- Become a Learner – Now that you have your dream identified, now is the time to go about learning everything you can about it. Can you find a role model? Find a course that can get you started. Find a book that will kick off your adventure. Learning comes from anywhere that you open your heart to, so find that inspiration.
- Identify small steps – Growing dreams means breaking it down into small steps that you can start taking right now. This is where your learning can really help you out. Once you identify some steps, be sure to schedule some time in your calendar to make progress on your dream. A good rule of thumb is to put 2 steps in place each week so you are always making steps in the right direction.
- Get rid on uncertainty – This is your DREAM. This is no time for you to second guess yourself. Use those small steps to keep you going, and reward each success that you have in some small way. those rewards will help you to keep your thoughts positive.
- Keep building – Keep building on your success. Keep building on the steps that you are taking. Growing dreams means keeping yourself accountable. Try sharing your goals with someone who will support your efforts and will be excited by your accomplishments.
If you’d like to share your dream, please feel free to leave a comment below. If you are not ready to share your dream yet, that’s OK, go ahead and write it down somewhere that you can see it and motivate yourself.
Follow your dreams, believe in yourself and don’t give up. – Rachel Corrie