One of my favorite sandwiches at this time of year is a Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Made with fresh from the garden tomato slices, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil leaves and sour dough bread, what could be better? Oh yeah, the fact that everything is melted and so wonderfully gooey.
Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A summertime grilled cheese sandwich when tomatoes and basil are at the peak of flavor
- 2 slices of soudough bread
- 1 tomato thickly sliced
- 3 to 5 fresh basil leaves (leave them whole)
- 2 to 4 slices of mozzarella cheese (depending on size)
- olive oil for frying
- Prepare the sandwich in this order, bottom slice of bread, mozzarella cheese, tomato slices, basil leaves, top slice of bread.
- Heat oil in frying pan
- Fry sandwich on both sides to desired level making sure that the cheese in melted through.